High Net Worth Divorce | Equitable Distribution | Complex Property Division| Alimony
Charlotte Attorneys Managing Complex Property Division
Determining the division of property and equitable distribution is a technical and often complex process for couples at any income level. Those with extensive or complex marital assets such as executive compensation packages, family-owned business assets, investment portfolios or multiple real properties, however, often face additional complications in determining a fair property division settlement.
The Tom Bush Law Group has extensive experience representing clients of high net worth or those with complex marital estates. We provide the level of expertise and discretion clients appreciate, striving for resolutions that protect their immediate and long-term interests.
Contact us to discuss your complex property concerns in a confidential consultation with one of our experienced family law attorneys.
Sophisticated Representation In The Equitable Distribution Of Complex Marital Estates
In North Carolina, the law considers all assets and debts acquired between the date of marriage and date of separation as part of the marital estate. Beyond personal property and the family home, there may be many other shared assets to consider. We have experience managing:
- Business valuation of closely held corporations, C corporations, partnerships, family-owned businesses or professional private practices
- Accurate assessment of personal or corporate goodwill in business valuation
- Executive compensation and employee stock shares
- Issues arising from the active or passive appreciation of assets or stock options
- Investment portfolios
- Pensions and retirement accounts
- Qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs)
- Estates involving multiple real property investments
- Personal inheritance matters
- Assets subject to terms of a prenuptial or post-nuptial agreement
Our lawyers handling complex property division do not work alone. We frequently engage the assistance of certified public accountants, financial planners, investment analysts, tax experts and qualified business evaluators to obtain an accurate assessment of the total value of all family assets. Where appropriate, we may also work with forensic economists and accountants to assist in the discovery of hidden assets.